On Andor you have:
1) Andor search portal - you can search foreign articles and other publications from the large database. PubMed, Web of Science and Library collections are also includes in Andor search portal
2) Tamcat - library collections where you can find e-books, printed books and theses of the University of Tampere and availability information of the Library's printed journals
3) You can search or browse E-journal list
4) You can search or browse Databases
5) My account - here you can see your account and renew your loans
If you want to find books in the library's own collection or you want to read e-books remotely the easiest thing to do is to log in to Tamcat with basic user account and look up the link for the e-book there.
When you login with a university user account, you can access licensed content.
Add a library card to your account and you can use library services that are enabled by the card.
Remote access is available with the University’s basic user account:
For remote access log in to Andor. Remote access is possible for researchers, students and staff of the University of Tampere with basic user account.
Those customers of the Library who don’t have the basic user account can access Andor on the computers in the Library.
If you want to read e-books remotely the easiest thing to do is to log in to Tamcat with basic user account and look up the link for the e-book there. We’re working on fixing the problem as soon as possible.
Andor prompts you to log in when you are outside of the university network. If you click though from Andor to the library catalogue, for to read e-book , you need to login again to the library catalogue using the login link in the top right corner. Use the Login option (= basic user account).
E-journals and databases ask for login automatically if you are using them outside of the university network.
If you have a library card add it to your Basic User Account and you’ll be also able to renew your loans and reserve books using that same login option.